(1) Shisha flower from Let’s Learn Embroidery
(2) Bullion knots (video) from Karen Ruane
(3) Open base needlewoven picot from Pintangle
(4) Embroidered leaf from Ella’s Craft Creations
(5) Star stitch from Needle ‘n’ Thread
(6) Seeding stitch from Kimberly …
(1) Pekinese stitch (video) from Needle ‘n’ Thread
(2) Cast-on stitch (video) from Needle ‘n’ Thread
(3) Cast-on stitch rose from Needle ‘n’ Thread
(4) Woven filling stitch from Needle ‘n’ Thread
(5) Knotted pearl stitch (video) from Needle ‘n’ …
Meri of Agulhas da Meri continues her series on drawn-thread embroidery with a tutorial on making perfect mitered corners. See her tute.
Our beloved Meri of Agulhas da Meri has decided to take a step beyond sharing images of her amazing embroidery and actually teach us her drawn-thread techniques. She says,
I am an amateur, with these needles and threads. With this
Carolyn of Caro-Rose-Creations shares her technique for creating a beautiful drawn-thread hem on linen. See her tute.
The Kreinik Thread Blog shared a brochure for the meeting of the Embroiderers’ Guild of America this September in Naples, Florida. I intended to take a quick glance and got caught up for at least a half-hour. Dozens of opportunities …
Janet M. Davies of JMD Designs walks us step-by-step through a contemporary filet darning interpretation of her seahorse design. I think the dimensional border she created is as beautiful as the central motif. Go to her blog post to see …
Holy smokes! Look what I found! A new site devoted to “all things needlework”: Needle Knowledge. The site has four main areas–Knitting & Crochet, Embroidery & Needlework, Sewing & Quilting, and Knowledge Nuggets. My personal interests hit each of …
With just the addition of a small bow to tie on the rings, this gorgeous needlework-sampler pillow could easily become the perfect ring-bearer pillow. Or, if there’s not a wedding on the horizon, wouldn’t it make a lovely addition to …
(1) Bonheur d’être ensemble from le blog pastel49
(2) Boy and Girl Valentines by Connie G. Barwick of About.com
(3) POINT DE CROIX – SAINT VALENTIN from les loisirs abbygaelle
(4) Valentine Hearts from Stofnest
(5) Bientôt la St Valent…
(1) Advent Poinsettia Applique Block from Wee Folk Art
(2) Holiday Embroidery Patterns (4 designs) from CRAFT Magazine
(3) Felt ornaments from annekata
(4) Three Christmas designs from The Noble Wife
(5) Have Yourself a Stitchy Little Christmas (15 designs) …
Mary Corbet is posting a series on Lefkara lace, traditional drawn-thread work from Cyprus. You’re going to enjoy this! Go to Mary’s Needle ‘n’ Thread blog.
Meri of Agulhas da Meri continues her series of posts on drawn-thread work with a photo tutorial for creating this beautiful twisted embellishment. See Meri’s post (text in both Portuguese and English).