Craft Stew is sharing charts for a new small alphabet that works in cross-stitch, plastic canvas, and needlepoint. Get the charts for A through F. And bookmark the blog so you can pick up additional letters as they’re released.…
Natalie Zee Drieu of Craftzine.com reprises her Geek Craft — a plastic canvas Nintendo DS case. She says,
The project was originally a Craftster project by Rosemary Travale that I modified. I made it in in about a week while
Make this sweet plastic-canvas brooch for a teacher or apple-lover in your life. The pattern is free from FreePatterns.com.…
Don’t miss Sister Diane‘s guide to making gorgeous needlepoint pendants from…you guessed it…plastic canvas! You go, Diane! See the tute on CraftyPod blog.…
(1) Spring Flower Applique Block from Wee Folk Art
(2) Four sweet SRE designs from Carol Daisy
(3) Birthday Greeting Crazy Quilt Block from Nostalgic NeedleART
(4) Tatted Candlestick Frills and Napkin Ring from FreePatterns.com
(5) Garden Berries (plastic …
The pattern and instructions for these plastic-canvas napkin rings are free from FreePatterns.com. I know they look a bit “traditional PC” in this image, which may be pleasing to some stitchers. But if you’d like something a bit edgier, …
As part of her “continuing mission to bring plastic canvas to the people,” Diane Gilleland (CraftyPod) has posted a detailed tutorial on Craftzine.com for creating “a custom-sized, custom-crafted” storage box. Diane gives you the technical info; you supply the …
Connie G. Barwick, cross-stitch editor for About.com, has a gift-wrap idea that is a gift in itself. She decorated the top of a paper mache box with a hardanger design stitched on plastic canvas and attached with decorative …
(1) Musique de Noël from Le blog de Mamou
(2) Mademoiselle Noel from Le blog de carmela
(3) Heart Christmas Tree II from Matrioshka Biscornu
(4) Joyeux Noël from kaligrilles
(5) Santa-in-the-chimney PC coasters from FreePatterns.com
(6) Santa’s elves from …
(1) Petite fille from Aurelle.
(2) Unicorn from kaligrilles.
(3) Sunbonnet Sues with jack-o-lantern from Lace ‘n’ Ribbon Roses.
(4) Mosaic stitch tissue box cover from FreePatterns.com.
(5) Mon beau chevalier from bdcouture.
(6) Four …
Last week I mentioned Diane Gilleland‘s new plastic-canvas-project e-booklet, Hook, Needle, Pencil Case. Since then, I’ve had a chance to step through the project instructions and experiment with most of the techniques.
Wow. Diane continually amazes me. This …